Inspirational quotes about why we need to care for our planet
Most of us want to do right by the environment and look after our surroundings, whether it's by using eco friendly products or volunteering our time to pick up rubbish or plant some trees.
Every now and again, it's a good idea to remind ourselves of just why the Earth is so worth safeguarding.
Here are some inspirational, environmental quotes to get you reaching for those reusable shopping bags and coffee mugs.
1. "What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" – Henry David Thoreau, American author, poet and philosopher.
2. "The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." – Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the United States.
3. "The goal of life is living in agreement with nature." – Zeno, a Greek philosopher.
4. "We won't have a society if we destroy the environment." – Margaret Mead, American anthropologist.
5. "To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from." – Terry Tempest, American author and environmentalist.
6. "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed." – Mahatma Ghandi.
7. "I believe our biggest issue is the same biggest issue that the whole world is facing, and that's habitat destruction." – Steve Irwin.
8. "A healthy ecology is the basis for a healthy economy." – Claudine Schneider, US Representative.
9. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." – Margaret Mead.
10. "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message." – Steve Irwin.
Are you feeling inspired to protect the planet after reading these quotes? Get into action – it it takes is a few small steps to make a difference.